Scanner issues

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got this scanner from my friend for the moment and i just cant get it to work. THe CD to install all the stuff doesnt work on XP. It´s a Mustek 1200 CU Plus. I went to their site for an XP driver but that thing doesnt work. I keep getting the error that it´s not a win32 file. Maybe i am too dumb to do it. Can someone help? There go the link:

http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/driv_scanr/english/1200cuplus.html

I'd say... reboot, download all of the files in the right hand column, stick em in a folder on say the desktop, run the exe, plug in the scanner and see what happens. Mustek software is a crock of whatsname, so try a couple of retries and reboot a couple of times. Don't have the scanner plugged in until *after* you've installed the software.

Rob

Dam,n Rob, friggin thanks bro..that thing has cost me some nerves.i will try..

I just tried it like million times..not working, same error on the .exe file..the file just won´t run..

try running it in compatibility mode...

find the executable, right click on it and choose "properties." There should be a compatibility tab. Try selecting something like win98 compatibility mode...that might work.

I tried these options, its just not working..fugg..i keep getting the error that it´s not a win32 file.

So, you've actually downloaded them? Got the files into a folder, rather than clicked Run from your browser? If you've downloaded the files, check their size is reasonable and try again.

Rob

Is there such a thing as a generic scanner driver, on the net?

sincere said:
I got this scanner from my friend for the moment and i just cant get it to work. THe CD to install all the stuff doesnt work on XP. It´s a Mustek 1200 CU Plus. I went to their site for an XP driver but that thing doesnt work. I keep getting the error that it´s not a win32 file. Maybe i am too dumb to do it. Can someone help? There go the link:

http://www.mustek.com.tw/Download/driv_scanr/english/1200cuplus.html

At this point, i believe i have some issues with my OS..this is ridiculous..

Ok now, after i installed a new OS, the driver seems to work but for some reason, it wont connect with Photoshop. Do i need a seperate software to scan?

Just a thought.... run all of your virus and spyware blockers in safe mode, then re-boot and try again. Sometimes spyware can get loaded that'll block new programs with certain extensions. If not, then it may not be compatible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back