Scanners & 120 film problem..

placeonthecorner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raisingmissjune.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks.. So i just spent some time in Berlin where i took over 700 photographs on 35mm and 120 film.. I want to get a scanner that will scan in both formats.. My question is this...

My Medium format camera has a problem spacing the frames correctly on the film strips, so the film adapters for the scanners can not be used.. Because of this, can i just scan the 120 film by placing it directly on the flat bed?.. Im only asking because there seem to be various scanners that all have similar dpi rates, but the ones that come with 120 film holders are quite a bit more expensive.. Is there something im missing? Or will a cheaper scanner do?
Thanx for any help..

For example - i was looking at the epson 4490 - but could i use something like the HP scanjet g4010? they have the same specs but only the epson says it does 120 film.. is it just because it come with the adapter?

The difference is whether or not you choose to purchase a dedicated negative scanner or a flatbed scanner. My recommendation is the Epson 4990 or V700 (which is what I use). If you search, you can find my review and samples.

Most reactions

Back