Scanning and enlarging.

flyin-lowe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My parents are having their 40th wedding anniversary and we are having a surprise party for them. I found there wedding album and it contains 5x7 color photos. I was thinking about scanning them and trying to enlarge them to a poster size so we can hang them around the room that the party is in. I am not looking for super quality because they wont be getting framed and hung for years. They will just be used for the party. I have checked on line at like Walgreen's and they will print a 16x20 for like $14.00. If I was to scan them on a standard home use style scanner what kind of quality will I get? Is there any other source that I could check into that would do a decent job on a budget. Any other ideas on how to get this done?
Also are the scanner's like at Walgreens a better quality then a scanner that I would have at home. It's just a Kodak maybe a $100.00 scanner/printer nothing professional at all.

Check Adoramapix! They have a great lab, cheap prices and quality galore.

I ended up getting them done locally at Wal Greens. They did a 20x30 for 19.00 each. they also had a coupon for 33% of so it wasn't too bad. My father in law has a Kodak scanner and he cranked it up to 9000 DPI. I was actually impressed with the quality going from 5x7 to 20x30. It's nothing I would hang in a art gallery but for a party they are perfect. The local Hobby Lobby is putting them on foam board for $5.00 each.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back