Scarlet - Model

bethany138

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bethanygilbert.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I worked with this model last week. The purpose of the shoot was to train one of my assistants. He did very well! Soo - I am happy. She wanted me to shoot a couple headshots for her while we were there.

IMG_0493copy.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

I love the third. She has striking eyes! The crop on the second seems a bit off to me, I think I'd rather see the top of her head becuse of the way her hair is parted. On the first, I'm not a fan of a low point of view beacuse you can see up the model's nose, but that's just a personal preference! You worked very well with the lighting!

Alison said:
I love the third. She has striking eyes! The crop on the second seems a bit off to me, I think I'd rather see the top of her head becuse of the way her hair is parted. On the first, I'm not a fan of a low point of view beacuse you can see up the model's nose, but that's just a personal preference! You worked very well with the lighting!

Reading my mind, Alison! Mostly. I think NOT shooting from BELOW (with the chin up) is more than "personal preference."

Pretty girl!

Pete

I think that the second image cropped like the third would be the perfect combo.

The first and third shots have a slight balooning of her head, probably because it was tilted. Her chin is enlarged in the first, and her forehead in the third. It's not much, but enough for me to prefer a longer lens. I'd shoot portraits with a higher focal length than a 50mm on the 5D, like 85mm.

She's a gorgeous model, and I just love how you captured her in that second shot.

Damn, those eyes are piercing

#1 would be my fav if I could see her whole head, but the crop's just a bit off, as others have said..but the expression's perfect

Most reactions

New Topics

Back