What's new

Scenes from Hamburg Port (II)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The biggest railway container terminal and its control building
(some architectural photos here, not so much port, I'm afraid)

1.
A_HH_BahnContainerTerminal_1.jpg


2.
A_HH_BahnContainerTerminal_3.jpg


3.
A_HH_BahnContainerTerminal_4.jpg


4.
A_HH_BahnContainerTerminal_5.jpg


5.
A_HH_BahnContainerTerminal_6.jpg


6.
A_HH_BahnContainerTerminal_7.jpg
 
I really like No. 5, it looks like something I'd shoot :mrgreen: Lines!!!
I just wish there was a little more room at the top...
 
The last three shots do it for me, very nice. I have to agree with clarinetJWD, a little more room at the top of number 5 would be nice. Nothing a little postprocessing couldn't fix :wink:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Hey, thanks for the replies, you two. Much, much appreciated!
As to the tight crop on No.5 -- no other remedy but a reshoot, I'm afraid.
I was trying to get the entire bottom part into the frame. And I could not step any further back or I would have plunged into the fish pond that is there.

My husband was surprised I could have walked around the whole building unchallenged. He asked, "Could you just take photos there?" Well, no one said anything at all, let alone against it, for I never met anyone - but I wasn't all sure of myself while I was there, so I did not venture out into too many different vantage points to get more angles. Sorry.
 
Ok, so maybe this has crossed the line between digital art and photography, but I couldn't resist :mrgreen:

laphoto6ed.jpg
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
What ... erm ... :scratch:
Antenna from Photo 4 added to Photo 5?
This looks so much more "whole" now, I must say! Yes, I see the darker line of sky now, but at first ... gulp! :shock:

This is ... good! :D
I'm glad you couldn't resist :mrgreen:
 
Where is everybody? :lol:

I like the second showing the forest of light standards. The silhouette in the first is nice especially with the see-through stairwell.

neat shots Lafoto. :)
 
pursuer said:
Ok, so maybe this has crossed the line between digital art and photography, but I couldn't resist :mrgreen:

laphoto6ed.jpg

Great job with the edit :) I wouldn't have thought of transplanting the antenna, but it really completes it. :)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
It is, isn't it? So much more complete!
I'm still totally in awe over this "transplant". Very good. Thanks again.
 
Thanks, I was bored :P. I still like the original :)
 
Cool shots Corinna. It looks like a pretty complex building. 5 and 6 are really cool.
Pursuer..great job on the edit. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom