Schnauzer Halloween 2021

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had not planned to do a Halloween shoot this year, but I found the scarves from last year I used with the grands. The set up was a tri-poster board with a sheet clipped on for the backdrop. Natural window light. The pups do best when they have an assigned seat or area and they seem to like the little red stool. I get my camera settings ready and then get the pups ready. They get excited when they see the camera. I take off their collars, brush the beards and wipe up eye goo. Which ever one jumps on the stool first goes first. They actually fight the one that is already on the stool and sometimes I have to rebrush the pups. They were in a photo mood today. I haven't taken their photos in a long time so maybe that is why? I talk to them during their session with sit and stay and then saying good boy, pretty boy, where is (person), and say their names, Oscar wants a treat, etc. They do equate my camera with treats.

Oscar by Cheryl, on Flickr

Quincy by Cheryl, on Flickr

Quincy by Cheryl, on Flickr

Snickers by Cheryl, on Flickr

Snickers by Cheryl, on Flickr

The set up:
101221_044smallWeb.jpg

Oh my Lord, so flippin adorable!

Oh my Lord, so flippin adorable!
Thanks! Quincy's photos look like mug shots with his natural resting face. He really is a happy pup.

Schnauzers are lovely dogs, we have one too......
I remember when you got your schnauzer. Last year? They are good pups.

Awwwww! That's a wonderful set! Glad you found those scarves! Made me smile.
The pups are glad I found the scarves too. They aren't too keen on the hats they wore a few years ago.

Love it! They are so good. I wish I could get Harlie to stay still long enough to get a decent portrait.

Love it! They are so good. I wish I could get Harlie to stay still long enough to get a decent portrait.
Thanks! I've worked with the pups on the sit and stay. I bought a new item for them to sit on for their xmas photos and been getting them acclimated on the new object. First was just climbing up and sitting. Now I am working on them all together on the object and staying for longer periods. This training is every once in awhile and only for about 5 minutes total with numerous treats.

The expressions are classic. Nice use of dof and spot on focus.

Thanks! I've worked with the pups on the sit and stay. I bought a new item for them to sit on for their xmas photos and been getting them acclimated on the new object. First was just climbing up and sitting. Now I am working on them all together on the object and staying for longer periods. This training is every once in awhile and only for about 5 minutes total with numerous treats.
Oh can’t wait to see what the object is! No spoilers lol. Very cagey miss

Great set Cheryl. I see three very different personalities there!

Oh can’t wait to see what the object is! No spoilers lol. Very cagey miss
Yes lol! Only 5 people know about the new object...me, my husband and the 3 pups. I'm using it for the grands too and want it to be a surprise.

Great set, Cheryl! I love how you work with them! :)
Thanks! If they are not in a photo mood then I wait for another day.

Great set Cheryl. I see three very different personalities there!
Thanks! Yes very different personalities. Snickers is the alpha. Quincy is the bulldozer to get what he wants and Oscar is big lap sweetheart.

Always love the expressions, nice set.
Thanks! Quincy always looks mad, but he really didn't mind the photos.

Most reactions

Back