Schneider Angulon 90mm f6.8 Synchro-Compur: CLA

I think I have Jason's address around here somewhere if you want to file a malpractice suit :pimp:

Yep, carb cleaner maybe too sticky, don't use it. After two drops of mineral spirits everything is OK. Let see what happens in 4-5 hours. Fun :lol:

Last edited:
I am doing it cause I have same lens like you Rick. My Angulon works, but just in case is good to know something.

I think for this "operation" would be nice to have some suction, like dentists do, to retrieve as much fluids as possible.:D

I think for this "operation" would be nice to have some suction, like dentists do, to retrieve as much fluids as possible.:D
How about a pretty nurse to wipe the sweat from your brow? :lol:

How about a pretty nurse to wipe the sweat from your brow? :lol:
That would be nice. :thumbup: Are you supplying the nurse ?
Conclusion. Shutter works nicely, but don't use this stuff (carb cleaner), it has too much this solvents, which wont evaporate, use just lighter fluid. Now I have blades and springs well lubricated, but constantly wet. Let see, what will happen later, day, two. If nothing changes I am taking shutter "to the dentist" to use his suction system :lol:. Seriously.

Update. Shutter is still "open" (without lens). Today test all speeds are good, B and T to. 3 days ago T was still sticky and didn't want to close. Not the case today. I will wait another 2-3 days and if all OK instal back the glass.

Last edited:
What really worked for me in the past was cleaning the shutter mechanism in a solution of Naphta (find it at your hardware store for cheap) and 3-4 drops of Nyoil, used to lubricate fine mechanisms. Bathe in it and let dry. Works like a charm.

I use naphtha and, if necessary, an ultrasonic cleaner.

Hey, what's ultrasonic cleaner in this case ?

An ultrasonic cleaner is a tool and cleaner. It uses ultrasonc waves the dislodge dirt and crud

This is an example of an ultrasonic cleaner:
Ultrasonic Cleaner - 2.5 Liter

But, be aware that once you start using one of these it will dislodge a lot of gunk and bits of hardened lube which will settle on the shutter blades, etc and you'll have to clean all that off and repeat until it is all clean which can take quite a bit of time. I only use one of these as a last resort.

However, to do a really thorough job of cleaning a shutter it should really be disassembled and the parts cleaned individually. Using an ultrasonic cleaner without disassembling the shutter at least partially is a "cheat" really and can make things worse so be forewarned.

Last edited:
Good ol' Harbor Freight. Love that store!

However, to do a really thorough job of cleaning a shutter it should really be disassembled and the parts cleaned individually. Using an ultrasonic cleaner without disassembling the shutter at least partially is a "cheat" really and can make things worse so be forewarned.
Yeah... Dissolving the old lubes and dust is not such a problem, just getting this out is one.

My "cleaning operation" is still in test phase, as of today everything works perfectly. It's time to put glass back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back