The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since 1986 I've been a member of the Harvard Health Professionals Follow-up Study. Every two years, I fill out this elaborate questionnaire on diet and habits.
In the last several years there have been some much more complex secondary studies that involve wearing complex exercise trackers or much more elaborate testing of intake and output.
Only this year have the studies moved into something really interesting and different.

First was a book of scratch and sniff panels for the test-taker to choose between the possible smells.
Interestingly my wife had different results on several of the panels.
PB031672.jpg

Second there were two color ref strips and we had to identify the colors on the test panel that corresponded to the reference strips.
I hope I did well in those.
PB031670-Edit.jpg

Neat. National Geographic magazine had a scratch-and-sniff test around 1984. I don't remember how well I did with it.

Have you seen the online color perception test? It's a lot like what you did but you move tiles around so they create a band from one reference color (the first, fixed tile) to another (last tile). I think there are 4 rows of tiles. Scoring is like golf - lower is better.

Neat. National Geographic magazine had a scratch-and-sniff test around 1984. I don't remember how well I did with it.

Since my wife had different perceptions in the scratch and sniff, I suspect there is something rather deeply scientific about it that I don't yet understand.

Have you seen the online color perception test? It's a lot like what you did but you move tiles around so they create a band from one reference color (the first, fixed tile) to another (last tile). I think there are 4 rows of tiles. Scoring is like golf - lower is better.

yes - and I didn't do well.
Perhaps that is why I like B&W pictures.

I did the color test recently and aced it. I asked my eye doctor today and he said that people with dark colored eyes have better color definition. Also wearing sunglasses helps maintain color sensitivity.

I did well but have blue eyes. I suspect a lot has to do with degrees of color blindness. My father was color blind but I was lucky enough not to inherit the condition.

When I scratch and sniff, it's bath time.

Most reactions

Back