Score a newbie wedding photographer, please ;)

Are new photos fit for showing work?

• No way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing extraordinary but I give a PASS

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Overall, I like it

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Very good!

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

look

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have had a new opportunity to take photos and have put a few on a website.

And as a decent newbie ;) I am very eager to see your response to the last photos I have taken and see if I have made a progress :)

New photos
Old photos

You could just drop a mark for the new photos - I will appreciate your comments or votes :)

I remember when you posted your first set! I think you've remained true to your sense of style, which I like a lot. What impresses me the most is that you appear to have a much better handle on lighting and exposure. I'm very impressed with your recent additions, you've captured the day wonderfully and I think the couple will be very happy. I would be proud to have these in my protfolio, great work :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for your kind words :) I really appreciate comments as I am seeking some feedback on my work even though I heard many praises when I was taking photos. Still situation is that we are arranging with the client to meet and select pictures they want and now I have only one feedback from a wedding guest, which has seen some pictures of her and her husband.

Indeed I have a much better camera now with broader dynamic range and it is FAST! :) Therefore technically my pictures have improved much and it allows to do much more than I was able previously :) So all the blame is on me now ;)

It is really my style and I do not think I will try to take a more formal one - I just would not enjoy doing it and I won't be my best by far! ;)

I would say overall good job. What you need to watch for and which will come with more experience is the small details. You need to watch that you dont leave so much head room in some. And watch for things like position of hands and if they are holding things. Stuff like that.

Thank you :)

I have noticed myself I had abit of a problem with headspace... Thanks for the "things" tip - it is a bit difficult with my style before I get a lens with say 200mm but I will have it one day on my digital camera.

I've learned it's better to leave a little too much space than not enough. It can always be cropped later if need be. I've had some issues with learning to shoot for my proof size (4X5) vs full frame 4X6 that the 10D takes. I'm sure you'll love a 200mm, it's one of my favorite lenses (the Canon 70-200L) esp for shooting the ceremony.

By the way I saw you asked about 20D - this the camera I used. I have not used 10D but 20D feels very and very good. I did plenty of shots in a dance hall in low light - and I would get about 1/50s with ISO3200 and 1.8. Well it is still too long for action but still usefull. It's a pity I could not use ceilin bounce with flash in many cases and it gave some dissapointing results but it still may be my fault. However I do not like flash lighting in most cases ;)

Overall I like it! :)

look, do you have pictures from the ISO3200 series?

ISO3200 - yes, I have many of these. Warm light (tungsteen, candles, red lights) gives evident noice but it is still bearable. In daylight it is quite a different story. I have printed 15*23cm photos and you have to look closely to find some noise in the darkest and rediest areas to notice it. Otherwise I would not notice it.

Let me rephrase my question... do you have pictures online from the iso3200 series?? :D

Thanks for the remark :)

If anyone has "harsh" comments - spit them out - that's the way I find out what can or could be improved :)

Well, the idea from the client was no-no formals, no posing, which is completely my style. However I have a portrait of the bride - a great one to my standards without any posing and I want to work on it and squeeze what I can :) so I am leaving it for the client to see when we arrange a meeting.

Most reactions

Back