Wabusk
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Mar 28, 2009
- Messages
- 17
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Northern Ontario
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
So im in Lhasa and am still in the early portion of an 8 month trip abroad in Asia and this morning the front portion of my 18-200VR nikkor lens fell into my hand. It is the part just before the glass which the filter scres to.
My guess is the internal screws ( the tiny ones) came loose during some of the rough chinese bus rides. Can I fix this myself? or do i have to take it to Nikon? I am travelling overland to Kathmandu does anyone know of a repair shop?
My fear is during our trek to Everest base camp or a trek in Nepal Moisture will find its way into the holes from the screws so I used electrical tape to seal the piece on hopefully preventing this.
Can somebody out there offer some suggestions?
Thanks to any replies,
My guess is the internal screws ( the tiny ones) came loose during some of the rough chinese bus rides. Can I fix this myself? or do i have to take it to Nikon? I am travelling overland to Kathmandu does anyone know of a repair shop?
My fear is during our trek to Everest base camp or a trek in Nepal Moisture will find its way into the holes from the screws so I used electrical tape to seal the piece on hopefully preventing this.
Can somebody out there offer some suggestions?
Thanks to any replies,