SD card inducing noise?

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This might be a retarded question. And I'm not neccessarily speaking about your typical pixelated "noise". But I've noticed some of my pictures I've shot recently have come out awfully noisy when they shouldn't be. Its only on occassions, so I'm thinking it may be one or two of the SD cards I have.

Is this possible? :confused:

HIGHLY unlikely. However, it is possible that your camera could be experiencing some serious radio frequency interference (RFI) if you live in a location where there is a lot of electronic noise; some areas in New York City have such high levels of RFI that some digital cameras used in some locations will produce exceptionally noisy photos, and the interference seems markedly worse in night time shots. I'm not familiar with your area of residence, but perhaps there's some strong radio frequency signals being sent/received near your shooting locations??

A few years ago on a popular forum, there were numerous,numerous accounts of people who were shooting digital cameras up on the higher levels of some of NYC's larger buildings, and shooting across the river,and their images had horrible RFI noise. As you can imagine, in a crowded area like NYC, there is a lot of "signal" going through the ether!

wow. very good point. and i happen to imagine a few of my shots i took downtown were subject to this a few weeks ago. theres a huge pharmaceutical office across the river, the draw bridge, several plants, etc in the area.

what made me wonder about the SD card is i had it in my hand when i got statically charged and discharged pretty quickly when i touched a light switch with the same hand.

made me wonder.

thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back