What's new

Sea Weed at Low Tide

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know this type of editing is over the top for some folks, but I like the way this turned out.
Comments welcome as always.

05052012076716X10-X2.jpg
 
Damn that looks like an oil painting. Great colours.
 
It's fun, and I think it has more wall hanging potential than a similiar shot of rocks will.
 
I like the angle of the dangle...the patterns the weed makes on the rocks. Nice!
 
Lots of detail to capture the eye, good colour, nice texture. By processing, I assume you balanced the tones as I would guess the original scene was much more contrasty? Would love to see the original and the difference between that and what you have here. I agree it is suitable to be displayed large on a wall...
 
This is great! I love the angles, the textures, colors....everything works so well together. Great job! :thumbup:
 
Very interesting and nice, to my eyes. Reminds me a bit of the Fractalius plugin. Is that what you used?
 
Wow. Thanks folks.

I used a few plugins for this, but the main effect is from OilPaint in Pixel Bender.

Processing was more or less:

Capture NX2 RAW to TIFF with some exposure, WB, lens correction, and tone curve edits.
TIFF edited in CS 5.1 using Nik Color Efex 4 Pro and Pixel Bender.
Saturation, vibrance, and blackpoint adjustment in CS5.1.
Final sharpening using unsharpmask for local contrast enhancement.

OOC raw looked like this:

i-CVmTsDG-X2.jpg


Thanks again for the comments.

:)
 
Usually, I don't even comment on this type of photograph, but in this case it works, and is pleasing to one's eye. Nicely done.
 
Usually, I don't even comment on this type of photograph, but in this case it works, and is pleasing to one's eye. Nicely done.

I feel the same way. I think it's very difficult to know when to do something like this with a shot. It's also very difficult to know when to stop once you've started. Many more dead ends than enhancements with some of these plugins.
I also feel like at some point you cross a line out of photography into illustration or something.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom