Second monitor size/advice? (23" vs 24" + price difference)

kiso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I have wanted to purchase a second monitor for my computer (Macbook Pro R) for a while now for photo editing. I read up on some suggestions online to get a screen from 24" to 27". I went to my local computer store and was suggested on a couple different monitors around $200, which is what a friend recommend I spend. I ended up buying a 23" Asus for almost $240 but reading reviews online afterwards I discovered a 24" Asus, which is almost $340. However, the 24" has much better/consistent reviews then the 23" and now I'm wondering if I should spend the extra money on the extra inch/quality. Both have IPS and one has LED screen, the other has LCD. There are a few other minor differences but otherwise the main thing to me is reading the differences in reviews!

Does anyone have any thoughts/advice?

Thank you!

The 24" offers slightly more brightness in addition to the slightly larger screen.

Both are low end IPS panels, neither offering wide-gamut capability but they do claim 8-bit color (16.7 million colors).
A wide-gamut display can show a sizable % of the Adobe RGB color space, but wide-gamut display pricing starts at about $1000 per display.

Put the difference in price towards a good calibration tool - X-Rite ColorMunki Display

In Practice

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back