Sedona, AZ Milky Way

akiratheoni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out earlier this week to capture the Milky Way in Sedona, Arizona.

I did something a little different, I shot this with a Nikon 58mm f/1.4G lens instead of the 20mm f/1.8G I usually use. I took about 53 images and stitched them together. All exposures were shot at f/1.4, ISO 3200 for six seconds on a Nikon D750. A lot more stars are captured and there's little distortion in the corners that I usually get with a wide angle lens.

40342293070_d97720c9bc_b.jpg

Nice shot. My wife and I just back from Sedona and we didn't see anything like that. I wish I could set my eyes to see that way. :)

What did you use to stitch them together?

I used Microsoft ICE. There are a lot of different options though, but ICE was the first one I tried and it hasn't let me down when stitching so I haven't had much of a reason to try others.

Nice shot. My wife and I just back from Sedona and we didn't see anything like that. I wish I could set my eyes to see that way. :)

Nice, did you enjoy it? It's a fantastic place. The skies there are dark, though you wouldn't be able to see it in this vibrancy with the naked eye. But with the dark skies you'd be able to make out some of the features of the Milky Way.

Stunning Image Shared.
Looks really amazing!

Nice, did you enjoy it? It's a fantastic place. The skies there are dark, though you wouldn't be able to see it in this vibrancy with the naked eye. But with the dark skies you'd be able to make out some of the features of the Milky Way.

Nice place but we were shooting during the day. Red Rock area:
Red Rocks - Sedona by Alan Klein, on Flickr

awesome shot!

Most reactions

Back