see one, do one, teach one

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Even at the risk of coming off like a complete pompous jerk, I am going to propose something. Once upon a time, in a land far far away, I served in the military. They had a motto for OJT (on the job training)... See one, Do one, Teach one...

In the spirit of that philosophy while I was out shooting my one picture of the day, I took along my P&S digital. She here is what I propose. First of all I'm going to wave the you edit me but I edit you rule. (LoL) I would like to see everyone edit this untouched file. Crop it change anything you want any way you want. I will post my version sometime but you do yours based on one of the following criteria....

1. A shot to hang on the wall...
2. A shot for a publication of some kind.
3. A shot for my mother's wall...

shoot it for any of the above, just don't do it for fun. The point is to learn from others. Now granted it would be a lot more fun for most of the digital people, if it were a better quality digital file, but alas I don't own a quality digital camera. So there you go. If you have the (shall we say) fortitude to join in...
test45wd.jpg

have at it. If not I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

mysteryscribe said:

1. A shot to hang on the wall...
2. A shot for a publication of some kind.
3. A shot for my mother's wall...

I don't know if I'd hang this on my mother's wall... but here's for my wall and a publication... (in no particular order)

edit14ad.jpg

edit25jk.jpg

Sorry, got a little sloppy with the second one...

the idea is to just treat it as well as you can thats all ... I like what you did by the way.
I like the crop on 2 better too much blank parking lot in the first on I think. Just my opinion but I like that you went black and white and dark... I would never have thought of that.

mysteryscribe said:
Once upon a time, in a land far far away, I served in the military. They had a motto for OJT (on the job training)... See one, Do one, Teach one...

Most surgeons I work with follow that same teaching model.............

I guess most like the route of making the photo look like an old one. I probably went a bit overboard... but I could see this in some publication especially one that tells a story...

156571450.jpg

On your post as it shows up on mine it says photo bucket no longer has tthe image.... I have no idea what that means.

And I wish I had a mac even thought I do very little digital I am finding out that scanning even simple black and white negs do differently on different os... I have been scanning on win 98 and today i scanned the same negative on xp and it looks so much different.

Anyway Im sorry I'm sure you did a great job on it... Buy the way I'm glad people are finding the thread. I hope it keeps going/.

It might mean that he switched the photo to a different album catagory after he gave us the link, or somehow it just got deleted in his photobucket archive!

Jake

Went from an abandoned service station to an abanded auto mfg plant. Good show very inventive... Can you do that with my checking account?

Terrific job you win the prize hands down...

whisper heard from the crowd (showoff) lol great job seriously,

So, Charlie, when do we darkroom types get to get our hands on a negative? Hmm? Leaving us out in the cold?

j/k, of course LOL. There's some nice work done here. I'm quite impressed. I fiddled with this for about half an hour in Gimp, then gave up, indending to try again later. So far, I haven't had time, but I might still, this weekend, if I'm not going crazy with test prints.

This is an interesting idea, good work, there, Charlie!

Most reactions

Back