What's new

Selecting & using a tripod

digitalrightnow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How can I tell which tripod I should purchase for my camera, my camera is a Fujifilm s8100fd digital. I have checked Fujifilm's website but I cannot find any tripods on the site. Also, when should I decide to use a tripod? I take photos of wildlife mostly.
 
I have a tripod, was told I should use it...but I don't. I too shoot wildlife photography and as you know, most wildlife doesn't stay still very long...I don't know, i'm just not fast enough with it to make it effective. I just use my IS lens and let that be good enough...even though I have to admit, sometimes it's not...
 
Thansk for your answers, I photograph ducks mostly, and they don't sit still very long alot of the time.
 
There are 2 standard tripod screw mount sizes (1/4" and 3/8") but this more pertains to attaching it to a ball mount. Most cameras use a 1/4" thread so tripods are not 'camera specific'
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom