What's new

Selective color

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p175827671-5.jpg
 
This has an interesting effect of making the orange parts seem to float in the air between the man and the painting.
I like it. The other colors in the painting are subdued enough to be less obvious, but it still pulls me in.
 
A nice use of selective colour. Apart from what Sleist has already said, I would add that I quite like the way the mans's shirt has a pattern not dissimilar to the shapes in the painting.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
A nice use of selective colour. Apart from what Sleist has already said, I would add that I quite like the way the mans's shirt has a pattern not dissimilar to the shapes in the painting.

Thanks, that is, of course, totally an accident.
I did this - and sent a copy to the artists - because I want to do a project where I watch a painter while he works and photograph it.

I intend to do it all or most using selective color with the paints, brushes and canvas being their original colors.
 
Coincidence is quite underrated in the arts. Good luck with your project, it sounds an interesting thing to do.
 
an interesting choice of which parts to color.
i don't think I would have gone that route, mostly because I lack any true artistic abilities.
I like this one.
 
I dig it.
Who would of thought? Lew posting selective color shots. :hug::
 
I can't believe I am saying this, but I ,Kathy Thorson, like this selective color image! There....I said it!
 
It's strange what this does to my brain. It makes me feel like it's simultaneously 2 and 3 dimensional, and my mind doesn't know where to put the orange blobs. Definitely unique, and I think I'll put this one in the "I like it" category.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom