Selective colored rainbow

torradan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just got on the board not long ago, and I've been totally amazed at what I've seen so far. So I'm sitting at work, wondering what on earth I have that I can monkey around with when I get home. Just wanted something easy to do to get myself started. Here are the before and afters of what I've done:

Before:
rainbow.jpg

After:
rainbow-bw.jpg

I had a bit of a difficult time where the lighter colors hit the water, but I think I got all of it.

I hope you like it.

Todd

Awesome shot. I like both versions, the first is my favorite though. (I'm not a huge fan of solective coloring)

Hope to see more of your work. :D

Wow, both shots are really great. I like the second one better. The first one is nice but the bushes/trees in the front are a bit distracting to my eyes :)

Great job.

Thanks for the comments! I've never done any editing at all, and my skills with Gimp (which I've used for years) are quite limited, since I only ever cropped/resized photos with it.

I'll see what else I have laying around and put them all up somewhere once I find a few hours to go through everything. I never really set up any shots with this camera, was more of the "oh this looks neat <click>" approach.

It probably took a lot of work and was a good exercise, but it doesn't work for me. With just the rainbow in color, it looks fake to me, like it was created in software or pasted in. Mainly because that's the way my brain works. I know it's a b&w image, so a real rainbow wouldn't be in color.

I like it.
Though it looks abit bland and flat. So maybe give it a bit of a contrast or threshold boost to highlight some shadows and add some depth :D

Most reactions

Back