Selective Colour - c & c welcome

honestly, I can't stand these types of photos.

there's a guy near here who does this with colored blue jeans. all I see are the jeans.

I much prefer photos like these. I've done this with the subject in full color all the same. desaturate the color in most of the photo, removing it completely looks wrong to me
Off Colored on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you hadn't told me you'd done anything to the photo, I never would have noticed. I mean, your background is concrete, which usually doesn't look much different in colour than b & w. I suspect that's why you can "stand" your example but not others. But it's a nice photo, none the less. I really like many of the others on your flickr stream.

I don't usually do the selective colour thing but it's part of this week's class assignment. I prefer all b & w, but in this case, as Bitter J pointed out, the background behind the guy is busy with trees and such. In b & w the guy just gets lost in the background. The colour version's okay but nothing special. The sky was really boring that day.

honestly, I can't stand these types of photos.

there's a guy near here who does this with colored blue jeans. all I see are the jeans.

I much prefer photos like these. I've done this with the subject in full color all the same. desaturate the color in most of the photo, removing it completely looks wrong to me
Off Colored on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I never really considered this take, I like!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back