Selective colouring, duotones, ect.. the whole lot

&Denekamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Had some photo's I thought were suitable for these tricks, so I've had some fun hours in paintshop as you might be able to tell :) Hope you like

( - edit - I apologize for the poor quality.. lost a lot of the origional sharpness due to scanning..)
Colouring.jpg

converted to B&W, then handcoloured the head, jacket and pants

MatzII.jpg

Our Cat, Matz. Coloured eyes, and a tiny bit of duotoning

FlowersII.jpg

I've been searching of a grave with just one boucket (sp?) of flowers in this colour for some time. Until I saw this, It even had a beautiful tree in the background :) the b&w grave stands for the people that have past away, the flowers stand for that these persons will forever live on in their family and friend, on that they will never be forgotten..

Zuidlaardermeer.jpg

Pier at a lake nearby the village I live, again coloured water and duotone.. (orry for that vignetting.. I added on a suncap.. but at 28mm the edges came in view.. I did't notice that until I got the prints..:confused:)

Let me know what you think

Cheers,
Niels

I think all of them look really neat. I love the effect on them. Excellent work on these. !!

oh, man, these are great... i love the look to them...especially the first one with the child...that is wonderful...

but the last one, with the pier, and the water...that has to be a classic..its beautiful... awesome looking shot...wish i had taken it....!!

I'm glad you like them :D

though I'm not to sure about the last one myself.. Not sure if I like the origional better, so I'd like to hear some opinions. here's the colorversion:

Pier.jpg

aprilraven, I was very lucky to get this shot. The sun was perfect that eve, and normaly, there are like 10 modern sailboats from the sailingschool at this pier, but this day, there werent.. :wink:

anyway. I'd like to hear whitch one you guys (and girls) like best, coloured duotone or origional.

A nice array of shots, but, with the first make a selection of the child , then blur out some of the distracting background, the vignetting in the last does not sit right for me, it looks as though the lens hood or a filture was cutting into the picture area, if it was intended then it should be more suptle just a gradual blur. Ernie

I really like the vignietting in the last one!!!! it adds to the photo! And a very good job you did to all of them! great pictures! I especially enjoy the one with the grave!

erniehatt, I couln't help the vignetting.. well I could have.. but I didn't noticed that the suncap/blocker/thing, whatever its called in english, was visable on the edges. I had the wrong tingy for the wrong lens.. I'm sorry.. (its shows on like, 5 photo's on this particular film..:( i'm gonna throw that thingy away..)

thank you for your comments Enriehatt and Mentos :)

great ps work! Im a big fan of selective color and it works well with these shots.

&Denekamp said:
erniehatt, I couln't help the vignetting.. well I could have.. but I didn't noticed that the suncap/blocker/thing, whatever its called in english, was visable on the edges. I had the wrong tingy for the wrong lens.. I'm sorry.. (its shows on like, 5 photo's on this particular film..:( i'm gonna throw that thingy away..)

thank you for your comments Enriehatt and Mentos :)
Lens Shade

That feel I said you have with your photos, still there, still good. It's a sort of Beach Boys feel. Erm, if that makes sense.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back