Self portrait at work

OrionsByte

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just trying a little something different from what I usually do. C&C is welcome as always.

Set up was a softbox out of frame to the right pointed up and away to feather the light away from the background and foreground (I really need to get a grid for that thing), plus another speedlight out of frame to the left with a small reflector. 50mm 1/250 f/8 ISO 200.

BCS Digital Direct January 2016.jpg

Not bad at all; I like the setting, look and overall 'feel' of the image. My only real niggle is the highlights are just a tad bright...

I wish there was more light to the side of your face closest to camera, not the other way around.

That's a good professional portrait. Would be great to use on a company website or LinkedIn.

I do wish there was more light on the right side (image left) of your face so there is more even luminosity in both eyes, but still, good portrait that says alot about you.

Not bad at all; I like the setting, look and overall 'feel' of the image. My only real niggle is the highlights are just a tad bright...

Yeah I actually burned the highlights a bit in Lightroom but I should probably do some touch-up in Photoshop.

I definitely wish I'd brought the other flash up a little hotter, or even moved it towards the camera more so it lit my face better.

Thank you all for your input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back