self portrait, low key

cameramike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedifilippo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
first try at this, not overly happy with the results, but it didnt come out too bad i dont think. of course i realized afterwards i was wearing a totally black shirt, may retry with a white one instead. used a single sunpak 383 to my left (on the ground pointing up) with all other lights off in the room.

if i retry it im going to try and stand farther from the background

lowkeycopy.jpg

I think it'd be better if the flash was maybe a bit higher off the ground, as to make your face the most exposed part of the picture, versus your hands and pants. It's a good idea though.

thanks trenton I'll be sure to try that. i took a bunch of different shots with the flash at different angles and heights and this was the most balanced. this is really my first time at doing a portrait of this type so i apprecaite the reply.

Its pretty good for a first attempt :) i agree with Trenton as far as bringing the lighting higher up.

i kinda like it then i dont then ido.

so it must have something cause i keep looking at it.

be interested to see your second attempt.

thanks guys, i was gonna try a few more shots today because I'm wearing a white button down shirt, but something about it was bothering me. my one friend thinks its totally emo, but she doesn't understand the look i was going for. If i can seperate my self a little more from the background and light my face a lil more i'll be really happy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back