Self Portrait reshoot

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Reshoot of this:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photographic-discussions/274541-self-portrait-fail.html

2012031303 by J E, on Flickr

The original was 6x6, but I like this crop better...

I tried a few different things - with scope, without scope, with flash, without flash, etc... I liked this one best. It needed a lot more burning than I had hoped - I couldn't get the flash power low enough to match the lantern, and I couldn't move it farther away. I think it came out alright though. The meter readings for the flash were two stops higher than the lantern.

I also had to open up more than I thought I would too - f/4. I'm pretty happy with the focus considering that it was damn near wide open.

Very "Deliverance" or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" 'ish! lol! I thought you had hair, bro!

Pretty spooky shot.. but I like the way you did it! :)

i think the picture is great. just wish there was some background to it. in the woods. or near some rocks. you need to be coming out of a cave lol.

Yeah, I can see that. The 'scope-less' ones I shot had a slightly different pose that I didn't really like. There is one scopeless one that might be good though - it's just going to need a lot of work to get it how I want it. I'll add it to the thread whenever I get done with it.

I like this pose, but agree that the scope does seem a little out of place 'in the dark'.

As far as the lighting goes, I'm happy with it.

i think the picture is great. just wish there was some background to it. in the woods. or near some rocks. you need to be coming out of a cave lol.

cave? that's funny! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back