Self Portrait

sdguy55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is kind of a crappy pic but me personally i like the lighting of it. What do you think? If i could somehow replicate the lighting without it being in front of a window think it would look ok?

9540110627_64a2f9f927_b.jpg

I like you picture but I don't understand what you mean by "If i could somehow replicate the lighting without it being in front of a window..." as this image work because you have a backlight.

It just looks cheesy to Mr standing front of a window with blinds and such

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Needs fill light. Not a lot, maybe a candle or two. Or a smart phone screen's light.

This is not quite a silhouette and not quite lighted from the front, either. The window could be less distracting if the stickers in the corners didn't show. Maybe you could replicate a lightbox effect by hanging a white sheet (ironed) over the window or use a light behind the sheet. A bit of reflected light on the front of the model (you) would improve this IMO. Experiment some with the amount of light behind and in front.

Great suggestions you guys thanks. I figured I needed something in the front as my arms are very dark but I just didn't know how soft or harsh I should go. So I thought I would just post it up to get some ideas

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Most reactions

Back