Self Portrait

I'm absolutely in love with your B&W, such nice hightlights
Thanks! A little known trick I use is to add a bronze solid color layer over it set to soft light blending mode, just to add a touch of warmth and "life". Usually the opacity of said bronze layer varies between 25% and 70% depending on how I want it to look.

I wish I'd taken that one! Well done!

I hope you can find a tripod that works for you. There are multiple types of tripods; many are a PITA to use. Here's the fifth tripod I've owned, for 20-plus years now. I think for portrait work, or location work, this is the best tripod ever designed because it allows you to level, or do a height adjustment, in one to five seconds, with almost one-handed ease. It's not light, but it leaves you no excuses for having taken a shot from a less-than-ideal height or less-than-idea camera placement. Instead of needing to unlock and lock three, or six, or nine locks...you merely squeeze one of the three triggers, and then either lift up or push down on the tripod, and the tripod adjusts to the perfect height...then you let go of the trigger, and you're locked, and level...in as I said, one to five seconds. There is no other tripod like this on the market. This tripod is a lifetime-grade investment. You and your work is worth it. Go from a seated, half height portrait, to a standing, head-and shoulders camera height...in five seconds.

I hope you can find a tripod that works for you. There are multiple types of tripods; many are a PITA to use. Here's the fifth tripod I've owned, for 20-plus years now. I think for portrait work, or location work, this is the best tripod ever designed because it allows you to level, or do a height adjustment, in one to five seconds, with almost one-handed ease. It's not light, but it leaves you no excuses for having taken a shot from a less-than-ideal height or less-than-idea camera placement. Instead of needing to unlock and lock three, or six, or nine locks...you merely squeeze one of the three triggers, and then either lift up or push down on the tripod, and the tripod adjusts to the perfect height...then you let go of the trigger, and you're locked, and level...in as I said, one to five seconds. There is no other tripod like this on the market. This tripod is a lifetime-grade investment. You and your work is worth it. Go from a seated, half height portrait, to a standing, head-and shoulders camera height...in five seconds.

Lol, you should be a spokesperson for them, because you have me sold on it. Thanks Derrell, I'll look into ordering one of these.

That's pretty awesome! I normally all things colour, but this is a sweet mono :)

Lol, you should be a spokesperson for them, because you have me sold on it. Thanks Derrell, I'll look into ordering one of these.

Dan--once you actually use one of these, you'll never look at another tripod for portraiture type work. This is a very,very,very different, unique tripod; there is simply none faster to set up, or level, or to re-adjust from low to high. And speaking of which...the legs splay out wayyyyyy wide, so you can get the tripod down to about 5 inches off the ground, plus the head height. This is a simply un-equalled tripod for speed and ease of adjustment. Squeeze and lift, and the heavy, steel bottom legs drop out of the upper, aluminum-tube top leg section...the weight of the bottom legs makes them drop right out of the enclosing tube...when the height is right, you let go of the trigger and the legs are locked! If one leg is too long, as when on uneven ground, squeeze the tripod and press down on the camera to level the leg (or legs!) that need to be shortened, and BAM! Done! Let go of the trigger, and you're...locked!

This is way,way,wayyyy different than needing to adjust, then lock the slow-fashioned way....this is a tripod that allows almost-instant positioning and leveling of the camera, easily. This is imply the ne plus ultra of tripods for portraiture when weight is not a major concern. This is also a solid tripod. this design dates to at least the mid-1980's.

Great Shot, Self-Portraits Are Harder To Do Than What They Appear To Be, But You Most Definitely "Nailed It" - Great-Selfie!

That has to be the best self portrait I have ever seen (and knew it was a self portrait)! Very well done!!!

Made a mistake - watched the video. Now I want one - but I already have too many. The Manfrotto importer for my country is just 3min by car from my home, but this tripod never caught my eye so far.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back