Self-Portrait

JEazy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
meedited.jpg

Gotta stop usin the fisheye for portraits. Any comments?

I think it was air-brushed a little too much, but I have always been against air-brushing that makes your skin fake.

oCyrus55 said:
I think it was air-brushed a little too much, but I have always been against air-brushing that makes your skin fake.

Agreed

well to tell you the truth, it was my first time trying this effect. i have to do a few peoples senior portraits and i think i'm going to do something like this to some of their shots.

what i did was applied a slight gaussian blur then went back over the faces main lines with the history brush at half opacity.

thanks for the comments though, i will keep them in mind!

The skin-softening is waxy. Try using the clone and heal to get blemishes.. then if you want a smoother tone... sample from a place on the skin that is a nice medium color.... then paint (with the paintbrush - soft brush) about 15 - 30% opacity on the face.. don't overlap if you can help it.

Try that.

b

The Airbrushing on the skin doesn't really bother me, Your left eye however does. (IMHO) It looks a little bit over cooked to me.

bethany138 said:
The skin-softening is waxy. Try using the clone and heal to get blemishes.. then if you want a smoother tone... sample from a place on the skin that is a nice medium color.... then paint (with the paintbrush - soft brush) about 15 - 30% opacity on the face.. don't overlap if you can help it.

Try that.

b

Thanks for that tip, Bethany. I've been trying to learn some new techniques for working on the skin in my photographs.
-April

It possesses a highly electric, almost surreal flavor, which combined with the eye make for a great fantasy photo. The little white dots on green resting on the chest give a bit of a Chernobyl type of glow. I'd hype it up a bit more -- perhaps apply some white streaks to the hair or emphasis the cracks in the lips.

I actually like it. The eye is just a little OTT for me. Nice though :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back