Self-Portraits

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
This isn't really a question, so it might be in the wrong forum. Please move, if management so sees fit...

I hate having my picture taken. And yet over the years I have this recurring obsession with the self-portrait. It kind of makes sense, in that this way I am in full control of the image of myself that will be shown, and since I so much hate seeing pictures of myself, I have to obsessively long for that one picture that will finally be as I myself see me and would therefore be willing to show to others. Look here I am! Screw all those crappy pics that other people (try to) take of me. This is the real me. This is me inside and out.

I feel the bug hitting me again, especially now that I am in the darkroom again. Is anyone else like this?

Must be the person we once worshipped rubbing off on us ;)

Yes, and in fact, I'd love to learn how to take a good one. Ive tried adn tried but I always come out looking rather blah, and like I was the photographer. SO ok maybe its the subject ;)

I hate to see myself in pics. My friends and family tell me I'm photogenic...but all I can see are the imperfections.

The self portrait in my bio is the only pic I really like of myself...and it's a self portrait.

its funny you should say that shane. i think one of the best self portraits ive seen is the b+w of you. wow what a great picture!

and yes, as soon as i get my softboxes, i will be doing self portraits.

welcome to the boards Orie!!!

md

A soft light (ie: softbox or light bounced off a white surface) will greatly reduce the imperfections that make it to film.

Don't forget to use the clone stamp to take out the rest 8)

self-portraits?? .. i got thousands that i took myself :oops: ... i spent yrs in front of the camera .... now i wanna spend yrs behind it :wink: ... i just changed my haircolor *again* so its time for a new batch :lol:

Maybe we should have a topic for member pics whether self or taken by someone else. Would help to maybe get to know members better. I notice a few photo avatars, but not very many. Watcha think??

Sounds like a good idea to me, .... perhaps a word to the illustrious MD or Chase?

...what a fun thing to do

Great idea!

Here's the first submission (i don't usually look this glum. Really!) :wink:

For the shot i used a tripod and shot into a mirror

Spec's: available window light, T-Max 400, hand printed the negative in reverse (to achieve a "true" likeness) then scanned the photo on a flat bed

I'll move my photo into the new conference when it's been set up...

Hint-Hint!

:)

e_

EDITING: changing servers for image

actually mrsid, we wouldn't need them to make the thread. We could even use this post to show our mugs off.

well, u see my mug over there to your left ... but here it is again :lol:

this is me two days ago, before i died my hair red again :p

DS14.jpg

this is me today (video cam photo, not great quality "snapshot") .. who said blondes have more fun?? :wink:

sabrina300.jpg

HERE'S MINE. THAT'S ME- AMY, MY HUSBAND- JD, AND MY 19 MO. OLD SON- TYLER
THIS WAS TAKEN AT CHRISTMAS, SO IT'S KINDA OLD.
YA'LL HAVE A GOOD DAY!

about_t.jpg

:wink:

Dew,
I absolutely love your new hair color... I usually do something crazy with my hair but I got married last fall and decided I better keep it natural so I don't end up looking like a freak on my wedding day. LOL!!!

dew, you hottie!!!
i love the new hair, its fabulous and bold.

e you look like a rockstar!

Amy, you remind me of someone, you and your family are beautiful :)

Most reactions

Back