Self taught, training course or online?????

Tired but willin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i've been thinking about trying to improve my pretty basic skills with a training course or two but not sure which way to go. I work full time so it's going to have to be a weekend/evening course - i've had a look around and there are a variety of class room/practical courses being run from my local colleagues plus a ton of online courses i can go with :confused:. There's one online course called 'P1 Photography Institute' http://www.thephotographyinstitute.co.uk/ ' run by a guy called George Seper which looks pretty good......

So how did you guys learn then? Self taught, training course or online? Any advice greatly recieved......

Last edited:
Self-taught by multiple visits to a library, trial and error, a good understanding of physics and technology in general, and the occassion nugget gleaned from conversations with other photographers. ;)

This all happened before there was an Internet.

I'm self taught by watching youtube vids endlessly and a lot of practicing. If I can afford it, I'd love to take a few classes, but too poor right now.

I'm mostly self taught...but I do take the opportunity to take as many courses as I can find/afford.

Still learning through a few different resources, books, magazines, youtube, this forum, etc. Oh, and practice. That is the best learning tool available.

I am intrigued by this however, but it can be rather expensive. Still, I think it'd be something worthwhile to do.

Thanks gents, you've certainly given me a few things to think about as well a some great websites to look at.

Something i forgot to mention was getting to grips with Photoshop Elements 9. Canon run a couple of courses on this....anyone been or advise on a good learning tool out there???

Thanks...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back