TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
of me on my bike..trick is a barhump

1113s46.jpg

sat the camera on top of a mailbox.took me about 10 times to get it right

edited it with GIMP

Hi! Good for you and your persistence! You didn't give up even though it took several shots to get the kind of picture you wanted.
A little constructive criticism for you...I know you are just starting (according to your profile) and you look really young:

*I'm not a big fan of the selective coloring on the camera flare. I'm not big on selective coloring, in general, but I understand it's a personal preference thing. I just don't think it really works here.
*You need to work on exposure a little bit. The background looks okay, but the foreground is pretty blown. Try shooting at a different time in the day as middle of the day sun is killer because of the harsh lighting and shadows.
*Work on composition. It's too centered. Try shooting from different angles, even with self-portraits.
*Watch your backgrounds. I think the trailer takes the focus away from you.

Keep working at it! I hope I didn't discourage you...I just wanted to give you a few pointers to help make your photos better.

Nice shot!!

I agree with what KristinaS says above but....... Good on ya for taking multiple shots to get what you wanted!!

The lense flairs actually add a bit to the shot, in my opinion, but I would really like to see the forground less blown.

Keep on trying, as you have an excellent start here.

Cheers

Nice shot!!

I agree with what KristinaS says above but....... Good on ya for taking multiple shots to get what you wanted!!

The lense flairs actually add a bit to the shot, in my opinion, but I would really like to see the forground less blown.

Keep on trying, as you have an excellent start here.

Cheers

thanks for the tips!! but I'm wondering what you mean by "the foreground is blown" ?

meaning the foreground is over exposed (too much light). Personally the added in lens flare is tacky. Your body isn't separated very much from the background which also makes this a bit tougher to look at.

Most reactions

Back