This is the right time..
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone used Agora images?

I was looking at easy ways to get some of my shots for sale without investing too much (bad idea I know), I was interested in this site / app, but when I installed and looked at it, the shots there are mostly...well, let's say not something I'd shop for... there's also a note in the FAQ stating that whoever buys the image can use it for "whatever" but resale is prohibited...

This sounds to me like an absolutely terrible idea...

Is anyone using any sites / apps to get their work out there into the market or just relying on personal sites / galleries / exhibitions?

I would very definitely file this under "Bad ideas". I really don't see any value to shooting stock any more, and putting images up on microstock 'sites 'on spec'.. you'll get WAY more money picking up change on the street!

Even though I know better I still want to jump on the stock image pipe dream, then I realize that the effort required to pick up a half dozen cans along the road in front of the property pays more, takes no investment, provides healthy exercise, and I get my money the minute i give them the cans and the smoke fades away.

Your instincts are spot on - it is a terrible idea. Whoever does these sites are dangling bait. They seem to have figured out that there are people with cameras who will mistakenly see it as a way to make easy money; after a year or two of selling/licensing unlimited usage for literally a handful of change every time, they seem to realize it was a waste of time. I hope eventually online sites will be held more accountable and have to follow reputable business practices like brick and mortar stores do.

Reactions: D7K
Has anyone used Agora images?

I was looking at easy ways to get some of my shots for sale without investing too much (bad idea I know), I was interested in this site / app, but when I installed and looked at it, the shots there are mostly...well, let's say not something I'd shop for... there's also a note in the FAQ stating that whoever buys the image can use it for "whatever" but resale is prohibited...

This sounds to me like an absolutely terrible idea...

Is anyone using any sites / apps to get their work out there into the market or just relying on personal sites / galleries / exhibitions?

I put bold on the two most-important points you made in your original post. I would encourage you to trust your initial instincts, which were "bad idea" and "absolutely terrible idea".

Reactions: D7K
Thanks all! Sometimes it can be best to trust your instincts ..

The only way to make money out of photography is to sell your gear...........:):)

Last time I was at my local antique mall there was a booth filled with nothing but that persons photography. Framed prints, metal prints all kinds of stuff. Not sure if it's worth the $150 or so a month fees to sell there. I would at least have a mix of antiques with personal photography.

Most reactions

Back