Selling to stock photo sites?

i know that istockphoto.com basically works as a middle-man. they do require to pass a "skills & knowledge" test first. after that you just upload them and see if anyone buys them. I think before you could get paid, your balance had to equal a minimum.

i had a friend who had next to zero photography experience make about $90-200 every month. and he made twice that with simple After Effects "effects".

You'll find that most stock sites dont want a lot of work as everyone on the planet shoots similar subjects, so its either be very creative/imaginative in your shots or target the right market, with the flower/nature stuff why not try contacting card companies direct, gardening magazines etc, most stock agencies are always on the lookout for people shots/doing things as fashions change the shots need to too. H

thanks. apparently istock doesnt need any flower or nature shots right now, as they have enough, and thats what most of my photos are. nevermind :(

sorry to hear that. My friend did this close to 3 years ago, and I think istockphoto was still relatively new.

If are a nature photographer, I'd higly recommend 123rf.com.

I've submitted to several microstock websites and those "older" like istockphoto don't accept so much of "birds-and-flowers" images. This is because their data base got saturated.

123rf is a newer site and your images of flowers can still be accepted. (Of course, they need to be above the average).

I have actually submitted some nature- and landscape images to 123rf, that had been rejected on Dreamstime, and they are selling pretty well.

But remember, the most important about any microstock website: be very patient and determinated.

Good luck:)

i know that istockphoto.com basically works as a middle-man. they do require to pass a "skills & knowledge" test first. after that you just upload them and see if anyone buys them. I think before you could get paid, your balance had to equal a minimum.

i had a friend who had next to zero photography experience make about $90-200 every month. and he made twice that with simple After Effects "effects".

I'm sorry to hear your friend passed. What a tragedy. Sounds like he had a lot of talent.

Most reactions

Back