Semi abstract ground landscape in Bangkok

If this is a semi-abstract thing, what will be an abstract one? The Malevich's "Black Square"?

Interpretation of what is an abstract photography is not easy. Abstract usually is created first in peoples imagination and later translate into artistic form actively by human action. The same human. "Abstract" doesn't exist in nature, but we can interpret some forms as an abstract, like this flow of water on the pavement. So it is a revers of the process, process of creating an abstract.
For me this picture has too many elements to be meaningful :). Especially the top is too heavy. Even in an abstract some compo rules never dies. It's human nature...

Interpretation of what is an abstract photography is not easy. Abstract usually is created first in peoples imagination and later translate into artistic form actively by human action. The same human. "Abstract" doesn't exist in nature, but we can interpret some forms as an abstract, like this flow of water on the pavement. So it is a revers of the process, process of creating an abstract.
For me this picture has too many elements to be meaningful :). Especially the top is too heavy. Even in an abstract some compo rules never dies. It's human nature...

Thank you for your comment timor! Of course, I disagree: this picture has just the good number of elements! But I don't know if it is meaningful or not :confused:

I was just expressing my opinion.:wink:
If YOU don't know if it is meaningful, how do you know, the number of elements is right ? Ha, got you. :lmao:

I was just expressing my opinion.:wink:
If YOU don't know if it is meaningful, how do you know, the number of elements is right ? Ha, got you. :lmao:

Euh... I look the ALL photo and it seems ok for me :confused:

In fact, I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "meaningful" :scratch:

That's the catch with "abstract" in photography; you find the form, you don't create it. Something drown you to it, it could be anything, even just a pleasing shape or proportions of colors or tones. You should know it, otherwise is just lucky shot and "lucky" doesn't constitute as an art. Here comes the AA idea of "visualization", clear idea comes before triggering of the shutter. Otherwise it is just a "sharp picture of a fuzzy concept" :wink:. Pictures like this have a wide range of interpretations. Some will like it, some don't, that's normal, some will "attack" and is good, to have a few words of defence better, than just "you don't understand me" :D. Most of your pictures I've seen are strong images because are relatively easy to interpret (not all), the form however is as a rule pleasing to the eye. This picture I find untypically cluttered with too many elements and not that aesthetically pleasing.

That's the catch with "abstract" in photography; you find the form, you don't create it. Something drown you to it, it could be anything, even just a pleasing shape or proportions of colors or tones. You should know it, otherwise is just lucky shot and "lucky" doesn't constitute as an art. Here comes the AA idea of "visualization", clear idea comes before triggering of the shutter. Otherwise it is just a "sharp picture of a fuzzy concept" :wink:. Pictures like this have a wide range of interpretations. Some will like it, some don't, that's normal, some will "attack" and is good, to have a few words of defence better, than just "you don't understand me" :D. Most of your pictures I've seen are strong images because are relatively easy to interpret (not all), the form however is as a rule pleasing to the eye. This picture I find untypically cluttered with too many elements and not that aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks for your deep comment! Sure, I found the form and don't create it but it's the same thing for figurative photos (except if they are staged). And I don't follow you when you write "Pictures like this have a wire range of interpretations": for me, there is nothing to interprete or understand, it's only a graphic work. Too many elements? I think I understand what you mean, the graphism is not an evidence as with others more minimalist pictures: it's an other kind of work, which - maybe - need a little morte time to be loved - or not!

And I don't follow you when you write "Pictures like this have a wire range of interpretations": for me, there is nothing to interprete or understand, it's only a graphic work.
OK, great, you have a talent to see things other people miss, but it's hard for me to believe, that you act only on your intuition. But is possible...

And I don't follow you when you write "Pictures like this have a wire range of interpretations": for me, there is nothing to interprete or understand, it's only a graphic work.
OK, great, you have a talent to see things other people miss, but it's hard for me to believe, that you act only on your intuition. But is possible...

Not intuition: composition. I look - and I'm really looking for the hard way, sometiimes is tiring me !!! - to find things who can be interesting visually if they are isolated. At least, for this kind of "semi abstract" photography.

Very well then. I hope in the future I will find more of the same, what you find in your photo subjects. For my own sake.

Of course, I disagree:

:taped sh:

Of course, I disagree:

:taped sh:

The full answer is:

"Thank you for your comment timor! Of course, I disagree: this picture has just the good number of elements! But I don't know if it is meaningful or not :confused:"

The meanness of the process, isolating parts of a sentence to alter its meaning to prejudice the author of the phrase, allows us to have a fairly accurate idea about C4n0n.Fan.

Most reactions

Back