Senior Photos

Jennyboo7481

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wilkersonphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the first photos I've submitted for critique. They are senior photos I took for a friends daughter.

KISHA011sepia.jpg

KISHA010copy.jpg

KISHA001copy.jpg

The second and third work well for me. Due to the harsh shadow from her hat in the first, I might not show that one (although her expression is lovely)

I am still seeing some blowouts in the last two on her cheecks which I am thinking is probably from post processing and can be fixed.

Nice work though the colour of the background in the last is stunning. :)

The last one is probably my favorite. The composition and expressions are very nice. I would like to see a little more variation in exposure, though. High key is nice in moderation, but I don't feel it should necessarily be a go-to for every shot. It seems from the first photo that she has very nice skin. I'm sure the detail is there in the originals. I'd like to see a little more of it.

I like the third as well.
I'm not seeing a high key photo in the bunch, but I am seeing a bit of over exposure (camera left) and shadows in the first two.
Maybe the oe is caused by some post you are using, as I don't see it at all in the third.

She was sure she didn't want typical photos. The originals are not overexposed (except a tiny bit camera left as you said elsaspet). It was post processing. Fortunately, it was intentional, as I am familiar with her style (which is very unique) and thought she would like it. They are the only photos I have ever done in this fashion to date and was curious what you guys would think. I appreciate the comments!

Original:

KISHA010color.jpg

I like the chocolate you used in the first. Do you have a version without the glow? I think it's the glow that makes it look oe...
If she likes funky, have you thought about hitting it with some texture? That might be cool.

I like the chocolate you used in the first. Do you have a version without the glow? I think it's the glow that makes it look oe...
If she likes funky, have you thought about hitting it with some texture? That might be cool.

That is a good idea about the texture. Maybe a cross processed look would be cool. Will try that later

If it's ok with you Jenny, could I try an overlay on one?
BTW-you should post more. Your work is very very nice. :)

Hi Jenny,
Sorry it took me so long to get to this!

Ok, what I did below is funky and maybe not for everyone.

I used this photo of yours:
KISHA010color-1.jpg

Then I opened a texture file I had around. This is a snap of some concrete:
DSC_1418.jpg

I then desaturated the concrete photo:
DSC_1418des.jpg

I turned the photo of the concrete so that it was portrait like your photo. I then grabbed it out of the layers pallet, and using the shift key, drug it over the photo of your senior.
KISHA010color.jpg

I then used a my erase tool at lowered opacity (68 percent) with a grunge brush (You can use any soft type brush), and I erased the concrete over her face, and a bit off her arms.
KISHA010colorerase.jpg

And finally, put a cross process on the photo to totally funky it out:
KISHA010colorerasexpro.jpg

Before:
KISHA010color-1.jpg

After:
KISHA010colorerasexpro.jpg

I hope you like it, and let me know if you have any questions about any of the above.

There are no high key photos here. I think he felt the highlights were a little bright.

So elsaspet, good explanation. I followed the steps and used a fuji sensia cross processed filter and tree bark. I only started learning adobe 4 months ago and only have a few books to guide me. I appreciate the info.

KISHA001.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back