Reaction score
My second set of senior portraits.

Catyedited%20(Medium).jpg

katy%202%20(Medium).jpg

katy%203%20(Medium).jpg

belinh%20(Medium).jpg

belinh%202%20(Medium).jpg

very pleasant collection of portraits nice colours and soft light

I've seen a few of these senior portraits on the forum. What are they exactly? is it an American traditional thing for students entering or leaving high school/college/university to have a collection of photographs taken?

it's basically a collection of photographs taken when you graduate high school, kinda like marking the start of adult life. and you make wallet size pictures and you give them to your friends.

sounds kinda silly now that i think about it

JohnMF said:
very pleasant collection of portraits nice colours and soft light

I've seen a few of these senior portraits on the forum. What are they exactly? is it an American traditional thing for students entering or leaving high school/college/university to have a collection of photographs taken?

I've also known them to be sent to friends/family which friends/family usually send money ($10/$20) as a way to help out the HS student going into college.

JohnMF said:

Every year kids in the USA usually have their portraits taken at school. A photog hired by the school sets up a studio in an empty classroom, and it's an assembly line operation: wait in line, jump up on the stool, give me a smile cowboy/princess, pow, next! The photos go in the yearbook, and parents can buy cheap print packages.

For the last year of high school most people hire their own photographer, and get more personalized service.

Icdapoakr, That is a wonderful soft focus effect. How did you do it.

Vance

The first one is the bomb. The second is a little contrasty, and her eyes are very dark. 3,4 and 5 are also excellent. Well done.

Haha I wasn't expecting to see two different girls so that threw me off for a second there :) Like them a lot. The first one is very nice, and very flattering! :)

The shots are perfect in every way. I am wondering if there is such a thing as too perfect. The shots look posed. On the other hand I will bet that the clients loved these photos.

Most reactions

Back