danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Click

Comments/Crits welcome, if any.

Thx kl :)

Those were the results of some free time on a sat eve, which is usually out of the ordinary.

Beautiful work!!! The ambient lighting adds a strong mood to the shots. I took out my Nikon with a 50 1.4 his weekend I can't wait to see the results. Needless to say it is a beautiful piece of glass.

Thanks Craig. Do you have your own dark room?

I would say 50mm is the KING of all lenses!! It is not often given due respect!

No darkroom on this end. But I have access to a couple. In this instance (and most) I shot slide film. I shoot mostly digi these days. As I have mentioned the 90 second photo lab is very liberating for me.

I agree that the 50 gets little or no credit these days. not to mention the 1.4 aperture. Manufacturing a 1.4 takes some serious engineering. I do not think the "circle of confusion" comes into play when recording with a CCD. So there is that. Plus I think people generally lost interest in paying for expensive glass (I am definitely going to get in trouble for that little statement). By the way, Leica's Leitz makes a 1.0 I am not sure if it is 50mm.

Whats slide film?

craig said:
That is not even funny. :D Dare I say Kodachrome 64?

Pardon my ignorance... newbie here :)

and thx Lula!

Ooops I thought you were kidding. Transparency I think is the proper term. It produces an unbeatable positive (as opposed to negative) image. Generally identified with "chrome" as the suffix Extachrome, Fujichrome etc. The film is a little unforgiving exposure wise, but like I said the results are nothing short of beautiful. Dare I say digi still can not touch it. I give it about a year. Maybe 5 years.

I suggest shooting a couple of rolls immediately. Save you pennies because the film and developing is a little pricey. Let alone making prints.

craig said:
Ooops I thought you were kidding. Transparency I think is the proper term. It produces an unbeatable positive (as opposed to negative) image. Generally identified with "chrome" as the suffix Extachrome, Fujichrome etc. The film is a little unforgiving exposure wise, but like I said the results are nothing short of beautiful. Dare I say digi still can not touch it. I give it about a year. Maybe 5 years.

I suggest shooting a couple of rolls immediately. Save you pennies because the film and developing is a little pricey. Let alone making prints.

Another dumb query... is it a 35mm film?

danalec99 said:
Another dumb query... is it a 35mm film?

It sure is.

I think this was an excellent idea for a theme. I know we had a "day in the life" project before. Maybe we should do a five or six picture theme in the photo themes thread.

Great pictures and idea.

craig said:
No darkroom on this end. But I have access to a couple. In this instance (and most) I shot slide film. I shoot mostly digi these days. As I have mentioned the 90 second photo lab is very liberating for me.

I agree that the 50 gets little or no credit these days. not to mention the 1.4 aperture. Manufacturing a 1.4 takes some serious engineering. I do not think the "circle of confusion" comes into play when recording with a CCD. So there is that. Plus I think people generally lost interest in paying for expensive glass (I am definitely going to get in trouble for that little statement). By the way, Leica's Leitz makes a 1.0 I am not sure if it is 50mm.

I love my 50mm 1.4, although for me it's a 75mm 1.4 :?

I used it shooting 20 some odd bands for a weeklong 'bash'. I'll post some of the results eventually. I have 750 photos to go through.

Check out these badies...
ohh yeah

A zeiss f/.70

Most reactions

New Topics

Back