Sepia church

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I shot this view of Southwell Minster, Nottinghamshire in colour, tried it in black and white, and prefer it in sepia, a finish I rarely use.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/04/minsters-and-monstrous-packaging.html

Southwell-Minster-sepia.jpg

Perfect composition. Perfect exposure. Perfect choice of "colour" (or not colour, and not all black and white). Won't you come to the Germany meet-up (you still can, we have so many people dropping out on short notice, we can do WELL with some ARRIVING on short notice) and teach me some of your art???

^^^ Oooo, I second that request! It would be great to meet you.

I also second Lafoto's comments on the picture. The exposure and composition are wonderful.

This is a beautiful picture! So nicely framed by the arch. :)

wow...nicely framed..everything fits so perfect and balances out

Everyone has already said this, but one can never get too much love, right? This photo is so well composed it's as if it was in miniature and you placed each element into the frame by hand. It's perfect.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone (and for the invitation Corinna & Antarctican) - they're much appreciated. I opened the gate to get this shot as I wanted, and would have liked to open the others to get a different angle, but that heavy chain hung round them stopped me :grumpy:. Ah, well, these things are sent to try us.

Regards, Tony

Excellent shot! Ditto on what everyone else has said.

This photograph is absolutely stunning for me. I love the depth of the clouds. Beautiful shot.

Thanks for the further comments everyone - they're much appreciated. I wondered, initially, whether there was too much going on in this shot, and that partly influenced my decision to go with monochrome.

Regards, Tony

I wondered, initially, whether there was too much going on in this shot, and that partly influenced my decision to go with monochrome.

Regards, Tony
That could be now that you mentioned it. But you're to be commended, anyway.

Can you post the shot in color?:blushing:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back