What's new

"Serenity" Cape Cod Milky Way Pano

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,493
Reaction score
1,055
Location
new hampshire
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Serenity.webp


Friday night I made the 3 1/2 hour drive to Nauset Beach in Cape Cod to celebrate International Dark Sky Week. While much of Cape Cod has a significant amount of light pollution, many of the beaches along the eastern shore of the Cape have some pretty dark skies. After walking a few miles down the sandy access road that runs behind the beach/dunes, I finally found a spot open enough for a panorama. Because walking in the dunes is a big no-no, I needed to find a spot where the road rose up enough, and the dunes were flat enough, that I could get an unobstructed view.

I've seen and photographed airglow (the green texture in the sky) plenty of times, but never with this much texture, or seen red airglow like this before (outside of photos from places like Chile). It was definitely an amazing night. 10 vertical frames at ISO10,ooo/ f2.8/ 25" with the 15-30 at 15mm.
 
Nice pic, too bad about the clouds though.
 
They didn't help it any. :) lol
 
Amazing shot(s).
 
Lovely sky. That ISO 10,000 really brought out the stars.
 
Thanks everyone!

Lovely sky. That ISO 10,000 really brought out the stars.

Thanks Rick! Yeah 10k has been my go-to ISO at night lately. With the D750 the noise in the sky is really quite minimal, and depending on the scene the foreground won't need much noise reduction either.
 
I was like "clouds? what clouds? oh wow, hey. I totally didn't notice those." :)

VERY neat image.
 
I was like "clouds? what clouds? oh wow, hey. I totally didn't notice those." :)

VERY neat image.

Lol, like I said...maybe 1% cloud cover. Thanks everyone!
 
^ oh my god. They haven't kicked you off the forum yet?! lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom