Setting up a decent but cheaper home shoot?

Moo Cow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
OK. So I've got a Canon S5, and I've got a new baby. I'm wondering if anyone might have a decent guide on setting up a cheapish home studio thing so that I can try to do some nice pictures of her over the years. Something I can just set up and take down in my living room maybe - and something that's not going to cost a ton. I just want something to take better pictures with than laying her on the floor on a blanket, and turning the lights on. Hopefully I can just get some specific pieces that will let me make a small, but decent, set up so that I can take some good looking pictures for scrapbooks and pictures to put on the wall. Thanks.

make the most of natural light, I took some ok pictures with the S3 but the lighting had to be good for them to come out nicely,

You can buy fairly cheap studio set ups on line with a frame and then maybe a back drop, it depends how much you want to spend. personally I would try and take advantage of flower gardens, beaches etc fo my back grounds, cos its minimall cost and very variable

Most reactions

New Topics

Back