settings for lightsphere II half cloudy

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a lightsphere II universal half cloudy today and i am wondering if anyone else has a lightsphere and what settings do you use for indoor photography?

Wouldn't you just shoot as if you had a snap on diffuser on the flash? Which really isn't a big difference than bare (imo).

Something like a lightsphere, I'd just play around with it: IE. shoot settings I'd normally shoot, too dark, fix in camera or on flash.

Accessories like that are meant to be used when you are bouncing the flash off of walls and the ceiling. So if you did try to manually figure out the proper flash exposure settings, it would be a big head ache. But luckily, many flashes have auto settings...many of them are TTL (through the lens), which usually gives pretty good results.

So I'd suggest that you keep your flash in auto (TTL) mode when shooting indoors with your Fong Dong. You can use FEC to adjust the flash exposure up or down from the auto value.

Personally, I like to have the camera in Manual mode when shooting with flash. With the flash in auto (and provided that the flash is dedicated to the camera), the flash will set it's output for the aperture and ISO that you have set. That leaves you with the shutter speed, which you can use to adjust the amount of ambient exposure that you want.

congrats, you just made Mr. Fong a few dollars richer!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back