Setup for photography

suprasightrd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im trying to setup a workshop for professional action photography, if anyone has any tips on what is a good purchase to start off with camera/software/hardware/printer, that would help alot, thanks.

When you say 'professional action photography' do you mean sports?

Firstly, as has been said before, if you don't have much experience with photography going professional straight away is expecting a lot of yourself. You'd be best on a steep learning curve for a few years at least.

Secondly, the D50 is a perfectly good camera (I have one myself) and is a great introduction to digital SLR photography, but one of the most important things in action photography is the numbert of frames the camera can take in a second. The d50 only does about 2.5 per second I think, which isn't really that great. But if you want faster you have to pay more.

Most professional sports photographers will use something like a d2h or eos 1-d.

bigfatbadger said:
When you say 'professional action photography' do you mean sports?

Firstly, as has been said before, if you don't have much experience with photography going professional straight away is expecting a lot of yourself. You'd be best on a steep learning curve for a few years at least.

Secondly, the D50 is a perfectly good camera (I have one myself) and is a great introduction to digital SLR photography, but one of the most important things in action photography is the numbert of frames the camera can take in a second. The d50 only does about 2.5 per second I think, which isn't really that great. But if you want faster you have to pay more.

Most professional sports photographers will use something like a d2h or eos 1-d.
thanks for the help, i was told you can get a used 20D body with like <4k clicks for around $750-$800. how about the software/hardware aspect side of it, what do most of you use? im guessing the easier/userfriendly ones will cost more. so far im looking into express digital, however i was told from a current photographer that they are expensive because of this "dongle"(key for the printer) is this needed for a professional look? im a great believer on making it happen on a budget.

A dongle is usually used so that copies can't be used. The software checks to see if that little piece of hardware is plugged into your computer. That's all they usually do and don't have anything to do with actual printing.

From what they have on the website, I don't see why it might be worth $1400 or be better than Photoshop, though I didn't have the paitence to wait for each step of the demo to load.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back