Sewing--Comments and Critiques please?!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my mother was sewing last night, and i decided to grab some pictures. I wanted to use available light, so i went and grabbed a table lamp and used that to light the scene. This D7000 performs well ALL the time. I love it. But my mom's only stipulation was that her face could not be in the photo's. Granted, that hindered my creativity and options, but i still tried my best. Comments and critiques are welcome!

Sewing.jpg

Sewing-2.jpg

3. (My favorite of the set)
Sewing-3.jpg

Sewing-4.jpg

Regards,
Jake

I like the first one...the rest areinteresting to me. The first one is actually showing the person rather than the machine doing something...the rest are all mostly machine which isn't very interesting (the last one isn't too bad, I like that one as well).

Anyways, I am by no means a pro!

Thanks! Yeah it was tough cause my mom refused to have her face in the photo's. Haha

... Nothing?

Well. They are kinda boring and very static.

How would i improve these? I mean, yeah, they are kinda boring. So what's a way to make them more.. intriguing? Maybe had i a longer shutter, allowing the needle to be a whisp to show movement?

Switch up your angle.....you are shooting from an angle that we always see. :thumbup:

How would i improve these? I mean, yeah, they are kinda boring. So what's a way to make them more.. intriguing? Maybe had i a longer shutter, allowing the needle to be a whisp to show movement?
Certainly try some longer shutter speeds to show "action". I sew. Depending on how your mom sews, you could get some cool shots on long seams. One can keep their "feeding" hand fairly still while guiding the fabric, which would have a fairly focused hand, and fairly blurred fabric and needle throw.

Certainly try some longer shutter speeds to show "action". I sew. Depending on how your mom sews, you could get some cool shots on long seams. One can keep their "feeding" hand fairly still while guiding the fabric, which would have a fairly focused hand, and fairly blurred fabric and needle throw.

That's a good suggestion. And i don't sew, i'm not the best at it... haha. But i'll have to give it a shot. Thank you!

Switch up your angle.....you are shooting from an angle that we always see. :thumbup:

What would be more creative? Maybe directly from the top? I'd love to get down low and be looking up, but that may be difficult. Thanks for the suggestion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back