sex education

We got the Sex ed classes in Year 9-10, Oh what a hoot that class was! :lol:
we learn't almost everyhing there was to learn (sex, drugs, raincoats, fit the Condom to the Cucumber...etc) A few of the guys pocketed some rubbers at the end and ran off to use them for other purposes....lol

You'd ocasionally see the odd condom blown up like a balloon floating around the playground. :lol: :lol:

The whole 5th grade went to the cafeteria to watch a film strip. They talked about girl parts and how things worked. They talked about boy parts and how things worked. It was years before I figure out how the two got to mingling.... :oops:

hmmm nothing from parents... ok maybe basics :) but for the year in elementary school I had a subject called "sex education" and we were taught about pregnancy, males and females and so on... in gimnasium (between elementary and high school) I had this subject too, but the main topic was condoms, pills and so on... And I think that now, in high school we all are perfectly educated :)

mentos_007 said:
hey?1 Did you have any practical lessons? :p

Now there is an idea...

I never actually had sex ed I don't think, and thankfully my parents couldn't bring themselves to talk to me about it. I think they figured I had my head pretty well screwed on when it came to that kind of thing.

My parents are pretty easy going and can take a joke, so when I was ordering a bed for my uni flat before I moved in I specified a double that had a metal frame and went on to make a point to my mum that the frame would come in useful for handcuffs. The shop assistant looked worried but my mum just laughed.

So i guess I never had too much to worry about.

In 5th grade they split up the boys and girls and let us see "the film" . In 10th grade health class, we got to see a more advanced film and some drawings of the reproductive system. My mother refused to talk about "those things" with me but my father tried. It was completely mortifying for a young girl. :blushing: It wasn't even something that my friends talked about but we managed to figure out the "health" basics. At 18, I got a crash course in sexuality. What a disappointment. :er:

Now, in addition to the earlier lessons, my kids have a full section of health class that is devoted to sex ed. They learned to put condoms on bananas and WAY more details than I ever learned at their age. They also have the benefit of an understanding mother that knows that sex feels good and that if they are going to do things, they will do them regardless of my feelings about it. They talk to me freely about sex and they all also know that I will take them, without judgement or lengthly lecture, to get put on the pill or buy condoms. If they are going to do it, at least they will be safe.

wow. as far as I know, kids at the age of 10 -13 here have sex ed. as a subject at school and they learn things like family duties, how to look after babies and so on... but later they learn about how to do it safely :) eh... we've never seen a "normal" film
btw. 2 or 3 years ago all the media here warned parents that schoold headmasters were promoting a sex-cartoon on sex ed. and the government banned it after a few days :) it was a really dirty movie :) not for kids definitely :p

Sex education in North America seems to be more about "what not to show kids" than "what to teach them" :roll:

Look at last year's Superbowl half time fiasco for example...there was a partially exposed breast for a second or two and the "media" were freaking out for weeks. Yet most networks feature Lying, cheating, shooting, killing etc....all the time, and nobody seems to care.

I'm not a nudist or anything, but it really makes me mad when see how society has equated nudity with evil.

If God had wanted us to be naked...we would have born that way

Mike's right. Hard to figure why people dance around the whole sex ed thing, as well as nudity in general, Get all inflamed when a breast is flashed on TV (especially not during a high cost ad spot) and it's alright to show people getting shot, beat and mutilated. Where is the lesson in this?

What is that George Carlin saying? "You can't make direct refferences to a womans genitailia without causing some hype, yet you can say 'Snatch that ***** and stick him in a box' on some cop show" yay America.

I taught myself, seriously. I lived in a neo-conservative town when I was in the 4th-5th grade age, and there was no way parents would pay tax dollars to show "that filth".So, I used the wonderful tool that is the internet... and a heart to heart with a female friend (NO THAT DOESN'T MEAN WHAT YOU THINK IT DOES KTHX:p) and I felt I knew the basics.

I got a good talk to in my freshman year of highschool about "Sex ed in this grade is no longer about abstinance, we know you do it anyways" and whatnot. It actually kind of bored me :\

To be honest some kids have sex before the movie is shown, its too late and doesnt teach you anything?

Whats so worrying about sex really though? It feels good, and it re populates the earth....thats what its for...how is it in any way wrong? If you dont wanna do it...dont....I mean its the same as eating nice food...Its a function thats needed to survive, and it feels nice...thats it...

Artemis said:
I have a funny story actually.
Yeh we had the us...........................didnt know what it was at first, and I had already started explaining :p

I was there mate! It was in your hallway, and it was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. And yes the lady in the shower bit was, er, very interesting!
I was asked to lube up a condom and attempt to blow it up, and embarrasingly it kept exploding. It was to teach us what lube is safe with condoms and what lube is not, as some things cause condoms to explode. Nice.
But I disagree about your last comment Artemis.
Sex isn't just a ncie thing we do the populate the earth, it can be more sophisticated and more interesting than that. We are one of I think three species on the whole planet that can have sex for fun and enjoy it, it's just a lot more than having kids, that's why we do it so much and invent crazy toys and stimulants.
I mean, as a recent advert for a electric shaver that you can use with water says, who would have thought up girls dancing around thin metal poles? As humans we seem to spend all our imagination on sex! We think of it as so much more than just a nice way of populating the earth. We're obsessed with it and for good reason I can tell you from my own experience. ROFL.:p

aghastpumpkin said:
I was there mate! It was in your hallway, and it was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. And yes the lady in the shower bit was, er, very interesting!
I was asked to lube up a condom and attempt to blow it up, and embarrasingly it kept exploding. It was to teach us what lube is safe with condoms and what lube is not, as some things cause condoms to explode. Nice.
But I disagree about your last comment Artemis.
Sex isn't just a ncie thing we do the populate the earth, it can be more sophisticated and more interesting than that. We are one of I think three species on the whole planet that can have sex for fun and enjoy it, it's just a lot more than having kids, that's why we do it so much and invent crazy toys and stimulants.
I mean, as a recent advert for a electric shaver that you can use with water says, who would have thought up girls dancing around thin metal poles? As humans we seem to spend all our imagination on sex! We think of it as so much more than just a nice way of populating the earth. We're obsessed with it and for good reason I can tell you from my own experience. ROFL.:p

LOl...Im not gonna comment on the last thing you put.

As for what I said...essentially we agree, all my point was trying to grasp was why cover it up?

Here's the thing, Artemis...at such a young age, most are no where NEAR responsible enough to be having children and starting a family. This is just my own observations, but I see a lot more teen parents neglecting or mistreating thier children, than parents that wait until they are ready to have children. I'm 22 and I'M not ready. Some teens think they are, but then after they have kids, they realize that they can no longer act like a kid. That's when the regret sets in. Some people will even start to resent their children. Trust me on that one...I'm one of the resented children. I'm NOT saying that every teen parent is like that. I have seen some very good young parents. I'm also not saying that sex is wrong. By no means is it wrong, but it's also not something to just fool around with. Serious emotions are involved.

Ok...I'm done now...but I COULD go on a lot longer on this subject!!!!

Your perfectly right Core...I just feel

If you gonna have sex, use protection
If you forgot to bring some, leave your pants on...

Most reactions

Back