What's new

Shack revisted

Great edit Chris! As for the composition, I originally took almost 15 shots of this location. The problem is that there is a road that runs directly in the foreground. If your back far enough yo get all of the trees, the road is in and thoughs it all out. Once you cross the road though, then you are practically on top of it.

I do know what you mean about it being to bright Alex. I really like it anyway though.
 
I like it a lot, but you'll have to excuse me for being curious about this...

bwshackhdr.jpg

I think this one is much more pleasing to my eyes :) .. however, it is quite the other extreme with respect to colours ;)
 
Just for the record, I autolevelled, then converted to mono in the channel mixer using Red +50, Green +50, Blue 0, then saved it. No sharpening or anything else. From what I understand, the channel mixer settings are broadly equivalent to using an orange filter on a mono film, though the colours would be unlikely to be quite so vivid as represented by the HDR original.
 
Both the color and B&W versions seem very Tim Burton-esque to me. Not a bad thing, just different.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom