Shannon & Paul - Wedding Photos

No problem! Here is the ring shot as it came out of the camera, slight adjustment to levels, no crop

before.jpg

Finally finished all the editing and uploading. If you're interested, here is what the bride and groom will see:
Wedding Photos

AlisonS said:
Thank you :) I use a Canon 10 & 20D with 550 flash. Alternating between ISO 100-400 depending on the lighting.

Sorry for off topic a tad but how do you like the 550? I've been looking to get a Canon flash for my 300D but haven't been able to decide between the 420, 550 or 580.

At this point my photography is a hobby but I'd like to get into things such as portrait work, weddings etc.

Thanks

digital_ems_techie said:
Sorry for off topic a tad but how do you like the 550? I've been looking to get a Canon flash for my 300D but haven't been able to decide between the 420, 550 or 580.

At this point my photography is a hobby but I'd like to get into things such as portrait work, weddings etc.

Thanks

Actually I use both the 420 and the 550. Aubrey (Hobbes28 ) and I were just talking about that saying that the 420 seemed to be better over the 550. I think the 420 is a great flash to start off with. You may find that as you move into weddings you need something a little more powerful, but really you can't go wrong with and of them.

Your B&W's are very good. You have the skin tones down pat. Sure hope the couple appreaciate B&W and the work it entails. Really like candid shots, you caught the girl on the last one at a perfect moment.

Thank you for the kind comments. Cruzin, I loved black and white when I shot film and I've been working hard to get a good conversion method that at least comes close in digital so your comments mean a lot! Thanks for looking everyone :)

Alison,
1. I like your command over the flash, especially at the receptions!
2. You have captured some great emotions.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

PS: I'll be doing a wedding today. Some of your pics were inspirational! Thanks! :thumbup: :)

Thank you! I'm giving the credit to the flash to Hobbes, he really has a great way with lighting. Best of luck with the wedding today, I can't wait to see the photos!

AlisonS said:
Actually I use both the 420 and the 550. Aubrey (Hobbes28 ) and I were just talking about that saying that the 420 seemed to be better over the 550. I think the 420 is a great flash to start off with. You may find that as you move into weddings you need something a little more powerful, but really you can't go wrong with and of them.

Thanks :) I have been doing research on all three and looking at reviews and everyone pretty much says the same thing. I just it depends on how many gadgets I wanna be able to play with on the flash.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back