What's new

Shannon

no, i agree 110% and that maybe something I can try in the studio to shoot shallower if I can crank down the light enough and not have ambient spill?

I'm kinda wondering that if your studio "main light" was actually a large reflector (say immediately to your camera right), would that end up softening the light and allow you to get a move diffuse light from the front? If I look at your field shot the "reflector" is the light reflected off the grasses in front of her and besides her, giving a very diffused light for her face. Studio lights, even in light-boxes, tend to be much less diffuse, and therefore have a harder light. I see the same thing when someone is lit by open sky - very smooth and diffuse light. Maybe that's the difference between studio shooting and "natural light" shooting - you have the benefit of some very large light sources that are more difficult to replicate in the studio.
 
My studio is so small and white that controlling light is near impossible. Perhaps if I lit the back wall....hmmm
 
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: - I got nothing more than that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom