What's new

share your opinion please!!

wesnile1224

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
oregon
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been shooting photots now for about 7 yeasrs never took any art/photography classes in school thus i havent ever really had anyone really critique my work. I have had a few exhibits but nothing real serious. I would like to present some of my current work to some galleries here in Portland or where i live but would like to get some feedback form some other photogs first. below is my website i just finished. the first and last tabs in the portfolio section are my most recent images. the more feedback the better.

thanks thanks thanks.

5454258288_63d902b403.jpg



5454264178_d4e1a23674.jpg




5453650851_1cdc4ff49c.jpg


5454260050_54120e823e.jpg



5454262192_bfb7c0e0c2.jpg
 
Visual image composition and lighting has been evolving for a couple of thousand years now, and various guidelines have been developed that help make a visual image more appealing.

Today we are lucky to have just tons of information literally at out finger tips, like this web page: Guidelines for Better Photographic Composition: Introduction.

Consequently we can all seek an informal self taught approach to our art. Photography is somewhat unique among the visual arts because of the technical demands the camera, lens, and lighting place on the artist. Again, the information needed for a self taught approach are readily at hand.

www.cambridgeincolor.com
 
Last edited:
Thanks thats helpfull.
 
I agree with what KmH said, google a few terms like "Rule of Thirds", or "Golden Section" - I think you would find that information helpful in refining your eye.

That being said, though, I really like your shot of the dogs. The light & the colours really work well!
 
I really liked the second image; the outcome in third is also impressive even though technically not sound; the remaining three are not that.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom