Sharpie mural

MTVision

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I had my daughter in 2009 I never got the chance to paint or decorate her nursery :(. We moved a couple weeks ago and I really wanted to make her room perfect - since she wasn't thrilled about moving.

She hates princesses but loves fairies. She has these Tinkerbell stickers and she wanted her room painted pink, purple, blue and green - the Colors of the stickers. Instead of painting all those colors we painted her room pink and yellow - 1 wall pink/1 wall yellow/etc.

My boyfriend is a really amazing artist but never draws anymore. Ever. I bought him an easel, paints and canvases a few years ago and he's never touched them. So imagine my surprise when I come home after he's done painting the room to see that he had hand drawn a little mural on the wall. It was just a pencil sketch.

We stayed up super late last night coloring it with Sharpies. I'm going to paint it in a couple months when I'm not pregnant anymore. So yeah it's a marker mural on the wall but I'm really happy and a little proud at how decent it came out. I'm pregnant so I was bitchy the whole time complaining about how crappy it was going to look until it was painted. After it was done I was pretty shocked that it didn't look all that bad.

Anyways - just excited and wanted to share! Sorry for the crappy pictures from my phone.

Attachments

• $image-3321637077.jpg
    $image-3321637077.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 106
  • $image-2049389848.jpg
    $image-2049389848.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 91
  • $image-1704222312.jpg
    $image-1704222312.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 100
:thumbup:

I remember plastering "101 Dalmatians" puppy-feet stickers all over my oldest's wall when he was little.

How're baby-on-way and mommy doing?

If I weren't so lazy, I'd go wandering over there to the TPF Nether Lands ------------------------------------------------------>>>
and hunt for the Like button. :D

But actually, this makes me wish there was an "Impressed" button.

Wow! Nice detail Megan!

Thanks everyone!

@snowbear - we are doing great. Can't wait til it's over though! It's been a hot summer so far!

Most reactions

Back