What's new

She Came in Through the Bathroom Window

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ideally this should be viewed against a dark background, but oh well... Maybe one day dark backgrounds or lightboxes will be available here on TPF...

p655437847-4.jpg



Thanks for looking :)
 
^ Agreed, wtf happened to that toilet!? whole pic gives me a horror movie feel
 
Texture, lighting, the lines drawing us into the room. Even the toilet that looks like some gapping wide open mouth with a tongue hanging out of it is great.

Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
Very nice shot! If I had happened upon that scene I don't think I could muster up the courage to look into that bathtub.
 
Did you happen to try this in portrait by any chance?
 
Even the toilet that looks like some gapping wide open mouth with a tongue hanging out of it is great.
I hadn't thought of that but you're right. I'm laughing out loud :)

If I had happened upon that scene I don't think I could muster up the courage to look into that bathtub.
Abandonments is what I shoot the most and I wander the countryside every weekend hunting for old places like this. In general these houses are in isolated areas, sometimes kilometres away from the nearest inhabited house. I'm positive that one of these days I'm going to run into something that would end up with me having to file a police report.

Did you happen to try this in portrait by any chance?
I could BS you for hours about my "vision" being a horizontal shot, but that would not be true :) The truth is, there was a hole on the floor and the tripod could not be set up further back. In fact, I was standing right above that hole with one foot at each side of it. Also, there was a wall behind me. I tried a portrait orientation, but even at 14mm on FF I wasn't able to fit everything I wanted into the frame.

Thanks all for your comments!
 
I love it, even though everything about it also creeps me out, from the subject matter to the over-the-top textures in the foreground, which imo are what really make this work. A closer shot of just the bathroom interior would have been less powerful.
 
P.S. I thought you were too young to know that song!
 
Lovely work, as usual!
 
P.S. I thought you were too young to know that song!
How old do you think I am and why? :)

Thank you Ken and Emily!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom