She sent a warning shot.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mother Nature sent central Oklahoma a warning shot over the weekend. Guess it's time to prepare for winter weather.

1) Freeze Frame

23362083611_c993de027c_c.jpg

2) I have a thought for a title for this one but not sure. What would you title it??

23418456966_2f02401046_c.jpg

Ron, saw these on the insta. Like them!

I like the freeze frame shot a lot, but maybe a bit more straight on?

Looks like an ice feather

I can see that.

Ron, saw these on the insta. Like them!

I like the freeze frame shot a lot, but maybe a bit more straight on?

Thanks Wade. I can see what you are saying about a bit more straight on. But wouldn't that make it a little more "flat"? Since the subject fills the entire photo, doesn't the angle help to guide your eyes across the entire image?

(I'll admit that I didn't think about this when I took the photo)

Thanks Wade. I can see what you are saying about a bit more straight on. But wouldn't that make it a little more "flat"? Since the subject fills the entire photo, doesn't the angle help to guide your eyes across the entire image?

(I'll admit that I didn't think about this when I took the photo)
Yes, it would make it flat, but I think I like that because it kind of looked like an icy window to me. In this instance, I personally wouldn't mind it looking 'flat', because the ice gives it some structure and depth.

However, good point about it guiding your eyes across the image. In that case, maybe a bit more angle?

I agree with Wade. Any time you shoot something flat and rectangular it looks "off" if it actually doesn't appear rectangular in the image, at least imo. If you shoot from an angle and are way off square so the perspective is very strong, that would be an entirely different image.

I agree with Wade. Any time you shoot something flat and rectangular it looks "off" if it actually doesn't appear rectangular in the image, at least imo. If you shoot from an angle and are way off square so the perspective is very strong, that would be an entirely different image.
I think straight-on would make for a boring, flat image. I agree that a bit more of an angle would have helped, but I think the main issue is that the top bar is so much heavier than the page wire. If was all wire, I think this would work just as-is.

Thank you all for the interesting conversation and input on this image.

Having the ability to get different views and thought processes from other photographers has greatly helped me improve and I think that is what makes this forum so cool.

I do like the image as is but I also knew before putting it up here and on flickr that it had room for improvement. What shocked me was that it took off on flickr.

Again, thanks for your input and conversation.

Most reactions

Back