sheer curtains...

sarah_19_nz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Didn't really know where to post this!

I want to get some sheer curtains to diffuse my window light and for those, 'gazing out the window' poses. What material? Just a modern net curtain? Organza? what looks best? works best?

White bed sheet?

Clear shower curtain?

Really large tee shirt?

Really, really large pair of knickers?

White rip-stop?

Old parachute?

Gift wrapping tissue paper?

External flash?

Really, you can use anything you have on hand that will knock down the incoming light. Just be careful of color cast.

I use a 36x60" Lastolite diffusion panel; I put about 100 w/s through it, and if I want to get really creative I "make" lights on it out of gaff tape.

Big knickers!.... haha do you have any I can borrow?

I am wanting to do shots like this elegant wee number (not wedding though) just wondering if anything photographed better or worse than others in its variety. Shine factor? diffusion factor?

$curtains.jpg

Big knickers!.... haha do you have any I can borrow?

I am wanting to do shots like this elegant wee number (not wedding though) just wondering if anything photographed better or worse than others in its variety. Shine factor? diffusion factor?

View attachment 50434

Would you really want any of his old knickers???? :shock:

If you want the 'curtain' look, than you're really stuck using curtains. You can pick up a set of shears like that at any department store, or by mail order for next to nothing. In fact, if you rigged those in front of a big diffusion panel, you'd.... :idea: Back in a minute, I'm off to Wal-Mart!

Most reactions

Back